Sharing my platter as we speak, the place you possibly can see a Kodo Millet Ambali sharing its house with a few of my favorite dishes. Everyone knows ambali with millet (in response to your well being situation) is therapeutic, particularly in case you are affected by way of life problems like diabetes, BP, thyroid, arthritis, sclerosis, and so forth. However a lot of my college students have learnt that ambali shouldn’t be boring both.
Right here’s a bit of try at making it fascinating. You may learn extra concerning the proper approach of creating ambali right here. And as for the pumpkin kadi, discover the recipe right here.
Himachali Pumpkin Kadi
Components: (serves 4)
- 300 gm yellow pumpkin lower in cubes
- Three tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 2.5 cups water
- 3/Four cup curd
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (heeng)
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 10-15 recent curry leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp Kashmiri crimson chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp inexperienced chilli-ginger paste
- 5-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Pink salt to style
- Three tbsp chilly pressed oil
1. In a deep kadai, warmth oil and add mustard seeds, methi seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida. Because it splutters, add finely chopped garlic and ginger-green chilli paste.
2. Now add pumpkin cubes adopted by salt and turmeric. Combine it nicely and canopy it. Depart it to simmer for 10-12 minutes on low flame. Or until the pumpkin is tender and mushy.
Three In a separate bowl, whisk curd with gram flour. Add salt, a pinch of turmeric, crimson chilli powder, coriander seeds powder and add water to make a skinny buttermilk consistency combination.
4. Pour this combination over cooked pumpkin. Ensure you preserve the flame on minimal and repeatedly stir it. You must preserve the consistency homogenous and never curdled.
5. As soon as combined, permit the combination to come back to a boil. After the primary boil, once more preserve the flame on low and do occasional stirring. Be watchful as curd gravies want a bit of consideration. Permit it to prepare dinner for an additional 15 minutes on low flame.
6. Whereas serving if you want, you possibly can mood the cooked kadi with ghee and spices. I selected to maintain it easy.
7. All the time keep in mind, if you end up clubbing your favorite meals with millet ambali, preserve your curries, cooked greens heat and never too sizzling. Too sizzling gravies like sambhars, kadis, and so forth would kill the great micro organism in your ambali.
8. Get pleasure from your meals with ambali and begin utilizing millets which are good in your well being.
Please observe: It’s best to by no means add piping sizzling sambhar, rasam onto your fermented porridge (ambali) as it should kill all important microorganisms. You shouldn’t refrigerate ambali. Devour it the identical day.
(Shalini Rajani is the founding father of Loopy Kadchi and holds modern Millets Cooking Workshops for all age teams.)